Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Reason Why I am in Real Estate

There are many reasons why I chose to work in the real estate industry, but today I was reminded of my #1 reason. After forty-five grueling days of contract negotiations, inspections, signing disclosures, and coordinating movers, I delivered my Seller's house keys to their new owners - The Chillous'. While I don't know anything about the buyers, other than they have three beautiful children, work in the Air Force, and are purchasing their first property, I was overcome with joy, watching their children eagerly rush up the front stairs and screaming at the top of their lungs calling out each of their rooms. On top of that, seeing the wife's smile (ear to ear) as she tried calming her children down was also gratifying. However, the moment that put me over the top was seeing a note left behind by my Seller to the new homeowners. The note read, "Thank you for your service" and it was posted on a flat screen TV and surround sound stereo system he left behind for the new buyers. The new homeowners looked like they had just won the lottery and couldn't even enunciate "Thank you" because they were so overcome with happiness and surprise. I, too, was overcome with happiness; as I not only helped my Seller, sell his home in less than a month and a half (and for over asking), but I know that I chose the right buyers for this home, who will thoroughly enjoy living there and appreciate all that was given to them.

Thank you, Craig, for allowing me to sell your home. And thank you, Chillous', for reminding me why I love what I do!

In case you were wondering, here is the old virtual tour of the property: www.2018Tsushima.com